Sunday, January 25, 2009

I can not rave enough about Slumdog Millionaire...

Okay, yea you should just close the computer now, and go see it, right now. This is one of the best movies I have ever seen, and seen in a long time. It is unbelivably beautiful. The story is amazing, its sad, its heartfelt, its emotional. It is shot in such a nitty gritty way. You see the real India, the real way that it was before it became more of how it is now, modern and such, it's still not like the rest of the world, but it is booming. Anyway, I'm sure everybody knows the story, but for those who dont... and without giving anything away, it's about this guy Jamal, who gets to go on "Who wants to be a millionaire?" That's all I'm gonna say, not a peep from me. But the way it is shot, and the way the questions are "shown" amazing. You will know what I am talking about if you go see it. It was so good, and I am totally in love with the main character Jamal (Dev Patel) his acting was really good, and he is just so heartfelt, the character obviously. Sigh, I am going to drag other people to go see it with me, again. Go See It! 
P.S. I'm a total indie film fan, I watch a lot of them especially being in New York you always get them here, and they are always I seem so much better than the mass audience ones. 
P.P.S Im heading downtown to go buy the soundtrack now...so good.