Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ratings for Websites?!

So apparently now, Websites may be getting ratings, like the movies. Dammit! The post right before this was the first time there was profanity on my blog! LOL...anyway, I do not know how I feel about that...I feel like it's a bit much. It's like when they have a rating for a PG13 movie because of one soft core sex scene and yet the news talks in graphic detail about a rape victim, or wars and guns being used...I think it's just dumb. If you have a kid that has a computer I feel like you should def know what's happening and what their watching, what is cool for that moment, such as My Space and Facebook. Those are sites that they can get on and that they have a huge chance of meeting someone older than them that may not have the best intentions. But, that's what Parent Locks are for. You need to stay on top of your kids and I don't think something like that will really do anything aside from make tweens feel cooler for getting on a site that is rating "R" ...hmmm...I just don't know...